Sunday, April 02, 2006

Following Walden

Walden went to the woods
And so will I,
To watch the time and birds
Just float me by.

I will sleep on a tree
Or in some cave,
And with my life the way
To heaven pave.

I will write songs on trees
With twigs and nuts,
And drink the sap oozing
From the bark’s cuts.

I will bathe in rivers
Lashing with pebbles,
And in doing so create
Rippling rebels.

I will dig, I will fill
And lie on earth.
I will hide, I will walk
And savour my mirth.

One day I will pass on
Across the cloud,
While my body lies in
A moist leafy shroud.

10 Comments:

At 7:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is being a dreamer a precondition to being a poet ;)
The poem reflects one's desire for sylvan peace...it begins to weave a dream which is broken a little too soon I feel...if dream is that u intend to portray and not the breaking of it u should weave it like it could never come to an end...:)

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Gee said...

hmnn. somewhere it reflects a kinda defeatist atitude..poem ending shud have been a little different

 
At 7:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

end may seem jus too abrupt, but all the same, me like it jus this way :)

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Parth said...

i know i can go on and on with it. in fact i want to. however the MBA course does not afford me this luxury of time - at least not now. Maybe I'll take it up later :)

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger NN said...

Apne khaatir Mehal banaya,
Aap hi jaakar jungle soya

- Kabirdas

 
At 12:22 AM, Blogger Braveheart said...

Just as others said, this one needs more effort. You need to go on with the rhythm...

-- Akshaya

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would say that ur imagination is beautiful and very natural..in simple words u have ben able to express a nice story...

 
At 11:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, my favorite poet is at it again!

I am assuming you mean Throeau's "Walden"? Would love to know your views on it.

 
At 7:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 

Post a Comment

<< Home