Sunday, January 29, 2006

A Walk In The Graveyard

I hopped down the road,
I kicked at the stones,
I sang to myself
In slight undertones.

I mocked at the dogs
That stood by my way,
I thrashed away the grass
That di'nt hear my say.

I crossed the brook in
One gigantic stride
And looked at the bridge
With consuming pride.

Till at last I reached
The graveyard of kings -
A place of marble made
With many gilded things.

Here amidst the riches lay
The monarchs of power
Lying in the dust
In their lonliest hour.

What, I asked myself,
Was destiny's true worth?
If at last we were to die
Of what use was our birth?

What in all the wealth
And the power I have found
Will save me from my
Burial in this mortal ground.

The kings slept in peace
'neath their marble headstone
Leaving my humbling self
To answer the unknown.

6 Comments:

At 6:19 AM, Blogger Braveheart said...

Too Good! :)
-- Akshaya

 
At 7:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

well done bro! u make me a very proud brother, each time!!

-- Sidharth

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger Abhishek* said...

Absolutely Amazing!

 
At 6:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the word "Analecta" comes from "Anal", no?

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger Parth said...

kekra, sorry to disappoint but:

[Greek analekta, selected things, from neuter pl. of analektos, gathered together, from analegein, to gather : ana-, ana- + legein, to gather; see leg- in Indo-European Roots.]

 
At 8:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i like this the best... dont want to sound repetitive.... but i guess i have to admit... this is a brilliant piece of work..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home