Tuesday, January 31, 2006

The Last Prayer

I am to die my mother
In my service to this land.
God beckons with open arms,
With the angles' dulcet band.

I've done what I cannot say,
There is much yet to be done.
I fall as a soldier but
I know I've not been a son.

As I go I have a prayer,
Not to my God but to you -
The mother I failed to serve,
The one in whose arms I grew.

Hold me mother when I am cold;
Don't torch me in a hurry.
When my soul is at such peace
Why burn me in a flurry?

Put me in the sun, put me
Beneath the glorious sky,
Put me in the attendance
Of Gods in heavens high.

Put me where mortals may see
One that died so others may scheme
Let me mingle with the clay
And percolate in every dream

So one day a world is born
A kingdom of pens not guns
So peace at last may prevail
O'er the bones of many dead sons.

8 Comments:

At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely Beautiful...n Touching.
Keep up this momentum...people ought to get to read more n more of your poems :)

 
At 6:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh god parth.

you make me burn in a flurry.

 
At 9:12 AM, Blogger Parth said...

layla, i'm ready with an extinguisher. come fwd and identify urself :))

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Raj said...

Reminds me of a soldier I never could be..definitive snd chord striking..

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Gee said...

definitely much better than the last one, actually i cud say beautiful poem. now does this qualify as a compliment?

 
At 12:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definitely one of the best - Dada

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger N. said...

Beautifully written...

 
At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ABSOLUTELY...HEART TOUCHIN!! Kudos..Parth! Your writings are as beautiful as your name!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home